Welcome to 5 Pointless & Awesome Things Men Need To Know Today, our aim at forever eradicating the awkward silence. It’s our duty to fill your minds with interesting nonsense that will see you through any silent elevator encounter, first date or first father-in-law bonding session with quick wit and ease.
Take these trivial pop culture gems, store them deep in your mind and use them whenever you’re stuck for words.
#1 Highest-Grossing James Bond Films
In case you’ve been living under a rock, the latest James Bond installment ‘Spectre‘ has scorched box office records, taking in $80.4 million in its opening week and enjoying the biggest U.K. debut in history. The franchise has a rich history and shows no signs of slowing down. Here are the top 3 highest-grossing Bond films ever (with inflation).
- Skyfall (2012, Daniel Craig) – $1,108,561,008
- Thunderball (1965, Sean Connery) – $1,014,941,117
- Gold Finger (1964, Sean Connery) – $912,257,512
#2 Hobbies That Can Make You Smarter
Your favourite past times speak volumes about your personality and could also be making you smarter, unless they include Facebook stalking and staring at yourself in the mirror. PROEssayWriter put together an infographic of hobbies that will not only offer relaxation and entertainment, but will also keep your mind sharp.
- Exercising Regularly – enhances object recognition and benefits your long-term memory
- Playing An Instrument – enhances cognitive skills, verbal fluency and processing speed
- Playing Video Games – develops working memory, improves spatial navigation, strategic planning and motor performance.
#3 Actors Who Admit They Hate Their Own Movies
While we’re on the topic of ‘Spectre’, you might be aware of Daniel Craig’s serious distaste towards James Bond. Here’s 3 more actors who have dissed their own films.
1. George Clooney in ‘Batman’
“It was a difficult film to be good in. With hindsight it’s easy to look back at this and go ‘Woah, that was really shit and I was really bad in it.”
2. Channing Tatum in ‘G.I Joe: The Rise Of Cobra’
“Look, I’ll be honest. I f***en hate that movie. I hate that movie.”
3. Alec Baldwin in ‘Rock Of Ages’
“It was a complete disaster. A week in you go, ‘Oh God, what have I done?’”
#4 World’s Weirdest Jobs
Gone are the days of the butcher, baker and candlestick maker. These days there is a job for everything, from a professional ‘cuddler’, to a dog surfing instructor. Here are our top 3 strangest via Business Insider.
- Snake Milker – Extract venom from some of the world’s most dangerous snakes.
- Breath Odour Evaluator – Evaluate the effectiveness of gum, mints, toothpaste and mouthwash products.
- Professional Line-Stander – Line-up in big sales and product launches.
#5 Interesting Sports Facts
Want to impress someone with incredibly useless yet mind-boggling sports know-how? Here’s 3 interesting facts about the wonderful world of sport.
- Soccer is the most attended or watched sport in the world.
- The oldest continuous trophy in sports is the America’s Cup. It started in 1851, with Americans winning for a straight 132 years until Australia took the Cup in 1983.
- Golf the only sport played on the moon. On 6 February 1971 Alan Shepard hit a golf ball.