Our love of Airbnb is well documented, but sometimes a hotel is the only thing to get the job done. Skip the seedy roadside motels and questionably stained sheets – you deserve to stay in one of the best hotels in the world.
TripAdvisor just released the results of its 2016 Traveler’s’ Choice Awards, an annual ranking of the best in travel according to personal reviews. The hotels category is predictably full of blissful beachside locales, stunning views and elegant architecture. Even a palace makes an appearance.
The top 10 are:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur | Jodhpur, India
- Shinta Mani Resort | Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Bellevue Syrene | Sorrento, Italy
- Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa | Hanoi, Vietnam
- Achtis Hotel Afitos | Greece
- Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons | Great Milton, United Kingdom
- Mirihi Island Resort | Mirihi, Maldives
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba | Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
- Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa | Lance aux Epines, Grenada
- Hotel Ritta Hoppner | Gramado, Brazil
For more ultra-memorable accommodations, check out the world’s most mind-blowing and remote hotels.