So you want to be more spontaneous? Pack Up + Go is here to help. The recently launched travel agency plans 3-day weekend getaways based on your budget and interests, with one big catch: you have no idea where you’re going.
Assuming you’re a guy who’s totally cool with a stranger planning out his trip, here’s how it works:
- First, you indicate your preferred mode of transportation and budget.
- Then you fill out a survey. The questionnaire covers your hobbies and interests, recent and upcoming trips (so you don’t double up on destinations), dietary restrictions, and travel style (action, relaxation, culture).
- With your preferences logged, you’ll receive a mysterious envelope in the mail with your travel and accommodation confirmations (don’t open it until the day of your trip if you don’t want to ruin the surprise).
- A week before your takeoff date, you’ll also get an email with your destination’s weather forecast, a recommended packing list, and the time and place your adventure starts.
- When the big day arrives, go to the appointed place, tear open that envelope, and get ready for one of the most unique travel experiences of your life.
You’ll be provided with local recommendations to help you get the most out of your trip, but taking advantage of them isn’t part of your rate. The Pack Up + Go fee includes airfare and accommodations only – the rest is up to you.
As to where you’re going, every destination is within 3-4 hours of your starting point, depending on the mode of transportation you select. For now all destinations are in the contiguous United States, but fingers crossed that Pack Up + Go has plans for overseas expansion.