One week on from the 2016 Academy Awards, we’re still not over Leo finally winning his statue and the surprise Best Picture nod for Spotlight. As to the award for Most Creative Take On The Oscars, that one goes to Toscano Bricks, who painstakingly recreated the Best Picture nominees in LEGO.
The two-and-a-half minute clip covers memorable moments from Spotlight, The Big Short, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Martian, The Revenant and Room. A few highlights:
- Ryan Gosling’s Big Short haircut is terrible, even in LEGO
- Plastic Rachel McAdams doesn’t live up to the real thing
- Only Christian Bale could make a toy trap set look cool
- LEGO Matt Damon is even more ripped than real Matt Damon
- Being mauled by a bear, plastic or otherwise, looks awful and totally Oscar-worthy