These days, paying for a festival ticket requires not only speed, efficiency and a trusty WiFi connection, but a second mortgage just to cover all the costs involved. Multi-day festival? You may as well file for bankruptcy. Fancy tickets to Iceland’s Secret Solstice Festival, though, blow any Australian 3-day festival stint way out of the water with the hefty price tag of $1.3 million.
Secret Solstice Festival, which takes place this year from the 16-19th of June in Rekjavík, Iceland is an electronic, indie, urban and folk music festival that celebrates summer in a spot where the sun never goes down. Last year, the multi-day event made headlines for a ticket selling for $260,000, but that’s nothing compared to this year’s offering, with some tickets setting you back a cool $1.3M.
The luxury ticket includes:
• Private chartered business jet (Gulfstream G300 or similar) return to Iceland from any destination on Earth for six people.
• 24/7 access to two luxury cars, personal drivers, and private security for the entire week in Iceland.
• Luxury six-room villa for seven nights in the centre of Reykjavík over the Secret Solstice 2016 festival week.
• Exclusive admittance to Secret Solstice 2016 for six people, including chaperoned access to off-limits areas of the festival site where possible.
• Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Volcano event, the world’s first concert inside a volcano over the Secret Solstice 2016 weekend, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík.
• Private viewing areas for all major acts at Secret Solstice 2016, where possible.
• Access to the private VIP artists bar on the festival site, only accessible by main stage artists and super-VIP guests.
• The world famous Blue Lagoon reserved privately for an evening for the ticket purchasers and their invited guests, plus helicopter transfers for the ticketholders to the Blue Lagoon from Reykjavík.
But that’s not all. Other perks include access (and helicopter transfers) to the festival’s Secret Lagoon part in a 120-year-old geothermal lagoon, access to Secret Solstice 2016’s Midnight Sun Boat Party, private concerts in a lava field, a whale and dolphin watching tour, a private aeroplane, midnight sun glacier walk, 24/7 access to personal assistants, and of course, a personal engraved and framed memorial ticket for each guest.
If you’ve got lots of cash to splash, keen on headliners like Radiohead, Deftones, Of Monsters and Men and Die Antwoord and want the full festival experience in the lap of luxury, then Secret Solstice could be the best way to treat yourself this year.
RELATED: 9 Don’ts Of Summer Festival Style