More than 300,000 travelers took part in the 29th annual Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Awards survey, casting votes for 7,394 hotels, 606 cities, 500 cruise ships, and 236 islands that stood out in 2016. With the ballots officially tallied, it’s time to reveal the 1,402 best travel experiences in the world right now.
This year’s Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Awards range from elegant castles in the Irish countryside, to private islands in the tropics, to safari camps in the vast Serengeti. Readers honoured the world’s top airlines and airline lounges, hotels and resorts, cruise lines, destination cities, and more.
Could your travel plans for 2017 be amongst the winners? Check out the highlights here.
The Best Airlines In The World
3. Air New Zealand
1. Singapore Airlines
The Best Airline Lounges And Spas
3. Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse: Cowshed Spa and Wet Room (LHR)
2. Cathay Pacific ‘The Wing’ First Class Lounge: Cabanas (HKG)
1. Qantas First Lounge: Spa (SYD, MEL)
The Best Hotels In The World
3. Hotel Matilda, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
2. COMO The Treasury, Perth, Australia
1. Ballyfin, Co. Laois, Ireland
The Best Resorts In The World
3. Ulusaba Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sand, South Africa
2. Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas, Baa Atoll, Maldives
1. The Brando, Tetiaroa, French Polynesia
The Best Cruise Lines In The World
The Best Cities In The World
3. Florence, Italy
2. Kyoto, Japan
1. Tokyo, Japan
The Best Islands In The World
3. Mallorca, Spain
2. Palawan, Philippines
1. Boracay, Philippines
View full list of winners at www.CNTraveler.com.