Procrastination is best done in snippets of interesting facts and random stuff that you never asked to know about. This is Pointless and Awesome, your weekly saviour from boredom and best friend of bar banter.
Craziest Things People Smuggle Into (And Out) Of Jail
We’ve all heard about digging out of jail and elaborate escapades, but how about the minor stuff that gets smuggled in and out? Today we’re visiting the most insane things to be smuggled into and out of jail according to Talko.
- Hacksaw concealed in a wooden leg
- Holy Bible cutout and filled with phones
- Heroine stuffed banana
- Cigarette strapped to a giant cockroach
- Carrier pigeons with phones strapped on
- Potatoes stuffed with weed
- Watch with built-in phone
- Drones delivering porn and drugs
Celebrities Who Have Done Racist Things
Justin Bieber: At 15 years of age, the Biebs pulled this doozy in front of cameras which then made its way to TMZ. “Why are black people afraid of chain saws?” He answers his own question: “Run n*****, n*****, n*****, n*****,” he says, imitating the sound of a chain saw. Then he laughs.
Mel Gibson: In his 2006 DUI arrest the famous actor said that “Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.” He also left voicemails on his ex-wife’s phone saying that he hoped she’d get raped by a pack of n*****. He also referred to Mexicans as ‘wetbacks’.
Mark Wahlberg: In 1988 a sixteen-year-old Wahlberg attacked two Vietnamese men whilst attempting to steal beer near his Dorchester home. According to statements, Wahlberg confronted Thanh Lam as he was getting out of his car with two cases of beer. Wahlberg called Lam a “Vietnam f—— s—” before beating him over the head with a 1.5 metre wooden stick which snapped in half and caused Lam to lose consciousness. Wahlberg then ran up to another Vietnamese man, Hoa Trinh, to ask for help hiding. When police arrived on the scene Wahlberg punched Trinh in the eye.
Floyd Mayweather: The world champion boxer who loves to flash his cash in the name of winning hasn’t been the best role model outside of the ring. He made a remark to his opponent Manny Pacqiao once calling him a “little yellow chump”. In 2012 Mayweather also shared his opinion of NBA star Jeremy Lin tweeting: “Jeremy Lin is a good player, but all the hype is because he’s Asian.”
If The World Became Vegan…
It was World Meat Free Day recently so BBC did a little hypothetical study on what the world would be like if everyone became vegetarian. Here are their findings.
- If everyone became vegetarian by 2050, there’d be seven million less deaths. Going further into veganism would increase that figure to eight million.
- Food-related emissions would drop by around 60% due to This would be down to the reduction of red meat which comes from methane-producing livestock and people’s diets.
- No more Christmas turkey – losing meat means traditions will also be lost as meat is used in numerous cultures as a celebratory event.
Sex Stats For NSW v QLD
The next State of Origin game is almost upon us so to celebrate Lovehoney have again coducted a quirky survey on the sex habits of the two states. Here’s what the sex toy retailer found.
NSW have sex for longer
- 24% NSW over 30 min vs 18% QLD over 30 min
- 72% NSW have sex for longer than 15 min vs 64% of QLD
NSW have sex more often
- 56% having sex at least once a week in NSW compared to 51% in QLD
QLDers own more sex toys than NSW
- 25% QLD own over 10 vs 19% NSW
NSW masturbate for longer
- 35% NSW over 15 min vs 25% QLD