Would you rather the ABC got its funding; or you got a new pair of Nikes?
Let’s be honest: you don’t tune in to the budget to hear Bill Shorten whine; you wanna know how many pairs of fresh kicks you can buy this year. If you have to sell a kidney to pay for your next operation (or a subscription to the NYT)—so be it.
Due to ABC budget cuts #qanda is now going to be just questions and no answers which will actually make it much better to be honest
— Wil Anderson (@Wil_Anderson) May 8, 2018
In the new federal budget, craft brewers will be subsidised, enabling them to compete with larger competitors. Also, as reported by News.com.au, “More than 10 million low and middle income earners get a tax break of up to $530 a year, or $10 a week, from next year.”
This will buy you:
- 151 lattes
- A pair of Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2’s
- Two Seiko stainless steel green-dial chronograph watches
- 0.000013% of a Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe
- 445 Crunchy Taco Bell Tacos
- 132 donuts
- A return trip to Bali with Jetstar (if you pay $29 out of pocket)
- 8 cases of 4 Pines Pale Ale
- 12 slabs of VB
- Half an Al Merrick surfboard
- 26 Spearmint Rhino lap-dances
As you were.