Ever wished you could globe trot without your bank account groaning? Sign up for an American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card and you’ll receive 50,000 bonus points to help make this dream a reality.
Key benefits of the American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card include:
- 50,000 Velocity Points (good for five Economy Sydney to Melbourne return trips, for example) when you sign up online, are approved and meet the minimum spend criteria of $3,000 on your new card within the first three months.
- Complimentary Virgin Australia return Economy domestic flight between selected cities each year after your first Card spend each anniversary year.
- Two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year at selected domestic airports.
- Worldwide travel insurance (when you pay for your trips with your American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card).
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
- No cap to the Velocity Points you can earn.
- No spend cap on your earn rate.
- World-class Platinum Priority Service available 24/7 including refund protection, purchase protection and an online fraud protection guarantee.
How do the rewards work? You’ll earn 1.25 Velocity Points per $1 spent, except government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent.
You’ll also earn 1.25 Velocity Points per dollar spent, and you can also ‘double-dip’ with one additional Velocity Point magically appearing in your account for every dollar you spend on purchases with Virgin Australia.
That upgrade might be closer than you think.
High rollers will also net 100 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits if they spend $50,000 or more within a year, while card holders with families can earn points faster by distributing up to 4 additional cards to family members or friends for no extra fee.
Keen? Apply now and start enjoying the benefits.