Our condolences to mountain climbers but Everest can officially cark it: the Emirates A380’s new onboard lounge is now the coolest place to reside in the stratosphere.
The UAE company’s flagship Airbus was hardly due for a makeover, having received a multi million dollar interior upgrade only last year, but you certainly won’t hear us complaining. And with Business Class tickets going from around $8000 (First Class from $11,000) you’d expect to be sipping your champers in the latest-in-luxury.
Highlights of the lounge include:
- Trademark horseshoe shaped bar
- More seating space (along the windows on each side)
- Design reminiscent of a private yacht cabin
- Each seating area has a table and window view
- Can accommodate up to 26 passengers comfortably
- Light champagne colour scheme, accompanied by a glossy dark wood trim
- Soundproof curtains
- Mood lighting
- 55 inch LCD screen
- Gourmet canapés and hand-picked wines
- Limited edition spirits and signature cocktails
For those of you who love to live vicariously, feast your eyeballs on this new video Emirates released yesterday, for a private, 360-view of what you’re missing. For those who have the money (or budgeting skills) to be capricious, the onboard lounge is open to both business and first class customers, so snagging a business class flight aboard an A380 is the best value way to experience the toe wriggling pleasure that is a delectable whisky at 40,000 feet.
RELATED: Etihad’s $27,000 Travel Class – Take A Virtual Tour