Have you noticed a certain jacked, bearded man taking over your Instagram feed, lifting crazy amounts of weight and eating ridiculous amounts of raw meat? He calls himself the Liver King and he lives his life in a very specific way, switching out modern comforts for old-school ways of living, just like our ancestors used to.
Chief to the reasoning for calling himself the Liver King, the man chooses to eat liver on a daily basis, praising it for its nutritional benefits. He’s also talked up the benefits of eating animal testicles, too.
But, who exactly is Liver King, what messages does he preach, how did he make his money and where does he live? Allow us to answer all these questions and more.
Liver King Quick Facts
Name: Brian Johnson
Nationality: American, lives in Texas
Height: 5ft 7in / 1.7m (estimated)
Relationship Status: Married
Spouse: Name unknown, referred to as Liver Queen
Net Worth: $1 million (estimated)
Instagram: @liverking – 1.6m followers
TikTok: @liverking – 2.7m followers
Who Is Liver King?
Liver King – real name Brian Johnson – is a social media personality who pushes the message of living an Ancestral Lifestyle in order to be physically and mentally healthy. He calls himself Liver King because of his love for eating animal liver as a nutritionally-dense source of food.
While he may be a regular poster on social media, details of his personal life remain relatively scarce. He refers to his wife as “Liver Queen,” and his sons as, “Savage Liver Boys.”
What we do know about Liver King, is that he is the CEO of four separate businesses, that all offer something rather similar, as they all sell and market supplements and protein powders that promise to help you get just as jacked as him. Liver King ties these products in with his promotion of what he called an Ancestral Lifestyle.
What is Liver King’s Ancestral Lifestyle?
Formed around 9 ancestral tenets, the self-proclaimed Liver King has created his Ancestral Lifestyle program because “The human body has been perfectly conditioned for an environment that no longer exists.” He further claims that “By living ancestrally, we overcome obstacles between ourselves and true health and happiness. We rewrite the mismatch between who we are and the environment in which we live.”
The 9 ancestral tenets include:
- Sleep – improving the quality by winding down early in the evening, eating your last meal several hours before you go to bed and ditching the phone too.
- Eat – remove processed foods, seed oils and liquid calories from your diet.
- Move – Brian takes three 30 minute walks everyday; “The well-being that builds from balanced movement trumps the need for consumption based satisfaction.”
- Shield – protecting ourselves from modern dangers such as wi-fi, fluoride and seed oils; “Dangers like these end up compounding and with an additive effect, they disrupt our hormones, metabolism and ability to get deep sleep.”
- Connect – Take off your shoes next time you go for a walk and connect to the earth beneath your feet. This can help improve both your sleep quality and blood pressure.
- Cold – Another to champion the use of ice baths, jumping into cold rivers and lakes, or even just taking a cold shower, Brian says we should expose ourselves to cold environments to help improve blood circulation and build our resilience to stress.
- Sun – Mid-day sun gives us plenty of vitamin D, “which works synergistically with the other fat-soluble vitamins A and K,” found in liver and bone marrow.
- Fight – While Brian doesn’t expect us to pick a fight with the next guy we see walking down the street, he means we should set ourselves goals and aspirations, and once we’ve achieved them, we’ll revel in the release of dopamine.
- Bond – Referring to purpose, and how our ancestors made it their purpose to protect those around them by building shelter and hunting for food. Today, Brian admits we no longer need to worry about these things as much, but does say we should “put away the phones and just spend time with loved ones and friends… we’ve always needed each other… we still do!”
He goes into some further description on his website, and many of his teachings aren’t necessarily radical ideas, but when combined together they have the potential to bring you a more rewarding life.
Liver King Diet
Liver King’s diet consists primarily of liver, hence the name he’s given himself. Liver King says he consumes liver on a daily basis, along with other delicacies such as bone marrow, chicken hearts and turkey hearts.
He’s also been known to feast on bull testicles due to their supposed nutritional benefits.
How old is Liver King?
Liver King’s date of birth remains unknown. However, according to a BuzzFeed News article published in March 2022, he was 44 at the time of publishing.
How tall is Liver King?
Again, Liver King’s official height also remains unknown, but some users on Reddit believe him to be around 5ft 6in or 5ft 7in / 1.7m
Where does Liver King live?
Liver King lives with his family and his two Doberman dogs in a huge, 8,300 sqft mansion in Austin, Texas. In some videos posted to his social media accounts, he reveals that he and his wife sleep on an incredibly minimal bed, which uses some plywood platforms as the base, with some thin woollen pads on top for a bit of comfort.
RELATED: ‘Liver King’ Says Your Bed Is A Prison & You Need To Blow It Up
He adds that he doesn’t allow mobile phones or any kind of radiowaves to enter the bedroom, and so has installed Faraday curtains on the windows to block any waves from passing through.
Liver King Net Worth
Liver King has an estimated net worth of $1 million. The majority of his wealth has come from his supplements brands, the most well-known of which is called Ancestral Supplements. Liver King says these supplements “are for individuals seeking fundamental (Liver, Bone Marrow, Organs) and targeted support (like supports like) in harmony with nature — the old fashioned way, the way that our early ancestors did.”
Check out some of the Liver King’s incredible workouts in the video below